Rail&Fly - the train to your plane
Many airlines offer their customers the “Rail&Fly” option. Please, therefore, ask about “Rail&Fly” upon booking your next flight if you are interested. Travel comfortably by train from your railway station to the airport – and back. It is a perfect opportunity to save parking- and airport shuttle fees.
Many tour operators offer “Rail&Fly” as well. If you would like to or have booked with tour operator, please contact them directly. Please note that this website is only intended for customers who booked their “Rail&Fly” option in combination with an international flight ticket issued by an airline.
- Travel on any DB train (incl. ICE/IC/EC, except for special/charter trains) and IC Bus (seat reservation required at an extra charge) at any time on your day of travel
- From/to any of more than 5,600 DB stations
- From/to any German airport as well as the airports of Salzburg and Basel including the complete DB railway network. Some airlines also offer “Rail&Fly” for Zurich airport and Amsterdam airport.
- Valid on direct connections to your destination without detours – also valid on alternative connections that are subject to timetable changes.
- Rail&Fly documents to the German airport are valid at the day of your flight departure and the day before. Rail&Fly documents from the German airport are valid at the day of arrival and the day after.
- Not valid on services operated by regional transport authorities with non-DB tariffs.
3 steps to "Rail&Fly"
Book "Rail&Fly" with your travel agency or your airline.
- Connection search
Use bahn.com or the DB Navigator app to find your direct connection to the airport.
- Print your tickets at home or save them as mobile tickets on your mobile device.
"Rail&Fly" boarding passes become available 72 hours before your departure. Access your boarding pass on www.rail-checkin.com with your name and flight booking code or ticket number.
Choose one of two options:
- Access your boarding pass through the link sent to you and print it out.
- Save your boarding pass on your mobile device.
Show your “Rail&Fly“ printed or mobile boarding pass to the train attendant upon ticket inspection.
Following the steps above, you can access your boarding pass again should you lose it.