Rail&Fly - the train to your plane
Many airlines offer their customers the “Rail&Fly” option. Please, therefore, ask about “Rail&Fly” upon booking your next flight if you are interested. Travel comfortably by train from your railway station to the airport – and back. It is a perfect opportunity to save parking- and airport shuttle fees.
Many tour operators offer “Rail&Fly” as well. If you would like to or have booked with tour operator, please contact them directly. Please note that this website is only intended for customers who booked their “Rail&Fly” option in combination with an international flight ticket issued by an airline.
- Travel on any DB train (incl. ICE/IC/EC, except for special/charter trains) at any time on your day of travel
- From/to any of more than 5,600 DB stations
- From/to any German airport as well as the airports of Salzburg and Basel including the complete DB railway network. Some airlines also offer “Rail&Fly” for Zurich airport and Amsterdam airport.
- Valid on direct connections to your destination without detours – also valid on alternative connections that are subject to timetable changes.
- Rail&Fly documents to the German airport are valid at the day of your flight departure and the day before. Rail&Fly documents from the German airport are valid at the day of arrival and the day after.
- Not valid on services operated by regional transport authorities with non-DB tariffs.
3 steps to "Rail&Fly"
Book "Rail&Fly" with your travel agency or your airline.
- Connection search
Use bahn.com or the DB Navigator app to find your direct connection to the airport.
- Print your tickets at home or save them as mobile tickets on your mobile device.
"Rail&Fly" boarding passes become available 72 hours before your departure. Access your boarding pass on www.rail-checkin.com with your name and flight booking code or ticket number.
Choose one of two options:
- Access your boarding pass through the link sent to you and print it out.
- Save your boarding pass on your mobile device.
Show your “Rail&Fly“ printed or mobile boarding pass to the train attendant upon ticket inspection.
Following the steps above, you can access your boarding pass again should you lose it.
If you are unable to present a Rail & Fly Boarding Pass on the train, ask for a subsequent fare collection and submit the Boarding Pass for cancellation online via chat no later than 14 days after the day of travel (processing fee to be paid: EUR 7). Alternatively, you are obliged to pay the applicable increased fare.