Taking a bicycle on an intercity train
You need a bicycle ticket and reservation to take a bicycle on an intercity train. You can book and pay for this conveniently in one step when you buy your ticket for all intercity and Eurocity trains in Germany. The reservation for your bicycle is included in the price.
Bicycle tickets are currently only available online when you buy a rail ticket. If you already have a rail ticket, you can obtain the bicycle ticket and reservation as usual from one of our points of sale.
This is how you can book your bicycle ticket:
- When you search for train connections in our "Advanced search options" select the option “Take a bicycle”. You can then select exclusively from trains which transport bicycles.
- Enter the number of travellers and select a connection. Please note that small children have to be declared in the Travel Information if they also require a bicycle reservation (or a seating reservation).
- You can complete the booking after entering your reservation options, whereby you can basically select between the self-print Online-Ticket and the ticket to be sent by post (EUR 3.90).
- The number of the coach in which the bicycle compartment with your bicycle reservation is located is printed on your ticket. Please use only the bicycle holder which is reserved for you.
- You will receive a bicycle ticket slip together with your rail ticket which has to be attached to your bicycle in a place where it can be easily seen (ideally on the handlebars). The slip contains information about your journey with the bicycle.