Developed on behalf of the German government, the Corona-Warn-App is now available for downloading to your smartphone. It is a quick and easy tool for identifying where community transmission is occurring, and it lets you use your phone as a warning system to keep you safe.Further information
We’re doing everything possible to guarantee safe travel for our passengers.
The most important thing is up to you. Always take care by regularly washing your hands, wearing a face mask, maintaining physical distance when boarding and alighting, and following the hygiene guidelines wherever you are. This will help protect you and other travellers.
Tips when travelling:
Before your journey
- If possible, travel at off-peak times, such as Friday evening or Sunday evening.
- When you look at the details of a specific train connection on bahn.com and in DB Navigator, you will see an orange symbol if over half of the seats are likely to be occupied. You can then decide if you want to reserve a seat or if you want to use a different connection.
- Our bahn.com website and DB Navigator app are perfect for making contactless and secure bookings. We recommend that you reserve a seat by the window.
- Please follow hygiene guidelines, such as recommendations about regular hand washing.
- Please wear a face mask when on trains or buses, at stations, on platforms or at stops.
- Please keep an appropriate distance from other travellers when on platforms. Travellers should spread out along platforms when waiting for a train.
During your journey
- To ensure that large numbers of travellers do not crowd around individual doors, see if you can use a different door to board or exit your train.
- When on board, please be careful and maintain as much distance as possible from other passengers.
- The DB Navigator app provides travellers with contactless information about their journeys before and during travel.
- If you are travelling by ICE/IC, we recommend using the Komfort Check-in option for validating your own ticket.
- Please observe the applicable regulations and the nationwide obligation to wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose. Please wear it when on trains or buses, at stations, on platforms or at stops.
- ICE/IC trains’ on-board catering facilities offer all dishes as a take-away option that is either pre-packaged or available in disposable packaging. You can use contactless payment such as a debit or credit card with an NFC chip or your phone.
- Please observe the applicable regulations and the nationwide obligation to wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose. To contain the virus, please wear it on the train as well. You can also buy a face mask at our on-board bistros for just EUR 1.50, subject to availability. A simple scarf (i.e. for your head or neck) will also do.