Museum für Islamische Kunst im Pergamonmuseum
The Pergamon Museum was built between 1910 and 1930 under the supervision of Ludwig Hoffmann, working according to designs by Alfred Messel. It accommodates three separate museums: the Collection of Classical Antiquities, the Museum of the Ancient Near East and the Museum of Islamic Art.
The Museum of Islamic Art is situated in the south wing of the Pergamonmuseum. Its permanent exhibition is dedicated to the art of Islamic peoples from the eighth to the nineteenth century. The works of art originate from the vast area stretching from Spain to India. The collection's main focus is on the Middle East including Egypt and Iran.
Museum für Islamische Kunst
Am Kupfergraben 5
Tel.: +49 (0) 30 266 42-4242
Fax: +49 (0) 30 266 42-2290
Mondays - Wednesdays, Fridays - Sundays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
Thursdays 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.