Passengers' rights on Autozug (Motorail) trains
Pursuant to the Passengers' Rights Act, no liability is accepted for delays on international Motorail routes up to 2 December 2009. In the interests of standardisation and simplification for passengers, DB AutoZug GmbH has waived this exclusion of liability and will apply the provisions of the Passengers' Rights Act to all Autozug services (this does not apply to Motorail services offered by other railways/companies). Please note that the special provisions stated below apply.
In case of delay of an Autozug train, compensation is payable only for the carriage of passengers. This means:
- Passengers are entitled to compensation amounting to 25% of the passenger fare (sleeping car or couchette car fare) for a delay of 60 minutes or more.
- Passengers are entitled to compensation amounting to 50% of the passenger fare (sleeping car or couchette car fare) for a delay of 120 minutes or more.
- The price of carriage of the vehicle is not covered by the above regulations. Passengers can claim compensation for delayed vehicle unloading provided that proof is submitted of the damage sustained (compensation up to a maximum of the vehicle carriage fare).
- Compensation for Autozug journeys is paid by bank transfer or as a voucher.
- DB Fernverkehr vouchers can be redeemed at DB Travel Centers, DB agencies, by calling the service telephone (01805 99 66 33, quote "Autozug", 14 ct/min for German landline calls, mobile phone charges may vary), at DB ticket-vending machines or at www.bahn.de.
Claims for compensation relating to passengers carried on an Autozug train can be processed only at our Passengers' Rights Service Centre. Please complete the passengers' rights form in full and send it, together with your ticket for carriage of the passenger, to:
Servicecenter Fahrgastrechte, 60647 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland