Frequently Asked Questions
|How can I change or cancel my ticket?|
Return before the first day of validity:
• You can cancel unwanted online tickets yourself prior to their first day of validity via the booking review for your user account. Go to My Bahn, click ‘My Bookings’ and enter your personal booking information.
Return after the first day of validity:
• You can claim a refund on standard-fare online tickets on/after their day of validity as well as on unused tickets ordered over the Internet and delivered to you by post* by sending the ticket(s) and a refund application to our Service Centre.
Refund terms for standard-fare tickets:
• before the first day of validity: no charge
• after the first day of validity: incurs a charge
Refund terms for saver-fare tickets:
• before the first day of validity: incurs a charge
• Saver-fare tickets are not eligible for an exchange or refund as of their first day of validity. However, if you have altered your travel plans you have the option of cancelling the train restriction applicable to saver-fare tickets on the day you travel for a service charge. You have to pay the difference between the saver-fare and standard-fare tickets.
|What if fares are not available or I am blocked from booking online?|
Fares are not available online or you must book your ticket with a DB Bahn representative for some long-distance routes. If you come across this in your search, please call our international hotline to speak to a DB Bahn representative or visit an authorized DB Bahn agent, a DB Bahn ReiseZentrum, or a ticket vending machine in major train stations in Germany.
|What if I have misplaced my belongings?|
Please visit our lost and found page to start the location process by filling out a lost and found form.
|What are my payment options?|
Payment by credit card
You can conveniently pay for tickets and reservations using your credit card. This involves entering the number of your credit card, its expiry date and, if need be, the check number in the relevant fields in the booking dialogue window.
We accept the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club.
Payment by direct debit
To pay for tickets and reservations by direct debit on the Internet, you first have to sign up for direct debiting and have the process activated. You will find the link to sign up under “Managing my data/ Registering for further services” in your personal user account. Enter all the relevant details and fax the signed direct debit form to our Service Centre. Please note that both your own place of abode and the domicile of your bank must be in Germany.
Payment by PayPal
For this for free payment option you just need a log-in for PayPal which you can request for the first time during the booking process.
|How do I get my money back in the event of exchanges or refunds?|
If tickets are refunded or returned, the amount in question (less any refund charges) is credited to the credit card used for payment or, in the case of direct debiting, to the account cited during booking. There are no refunds on seat reservations.
For further information, please consult our Conditions of Carriage in our General Terms and Conditions of Trade domain.