Rail & Fly – your train to the airport
Rail&Fly is the fast and stress-free way to travel straight to airport or from the airport. The new mainline railway stations at Frankfurt (FRA), Düsseldorf (DUS), Leipzig/Halle (LEJ), and Cologne/Bonn (CGN) airports make Rail&Fly a particularly attractive option. This is a convenient extra service for customers of our Rail&Fly partner airlines and Rail&Fly tour operators.
- to/from each of the more than 5,600 DB railway stations
- to/from any German airport and Basel Airport and Salzburg Airport on the entire DB rail network. Below, you will find a list of all connecting services to and from airports which are included free of charge in your Rail & Fly ticket.
- on all DB trains (incl. ICE) except DB Autozug, special trains and only on certain City Night Line trains. Journeys inside a transport association are permissible only in combination with use of a long-distance train.
- Reservations are compulsory for ICE Sprinter trains and a separate supplement is payable. You can make the reservation and pay the supplement at all DB Travel Centers and all DB agencies.
- Rail & Fly tickets are valid on the day before your flight departure, the day of the outbound flight, the day of your return flight and the following day. When you book a Rail&Fly ticket from an airline, it is important to have the exact date on which you will travel to the airport stated in the booking.
|Most airlines now issue electronic tickets, which means that you have to collect your Rail&Fly ticket from a DB long-distance ticket vending machine or print it at home before you begin your journey. For further information please visit www.bahn.de/railandfly.|
|Rail&Fly is a service offered by the airlines and tour operators and may therefore be subject to additional conditions/restrictions. Please check with the tour operator or its agent before your flight ticket is issued.|
|If a group of 9 persons or more is planning to travel together on the same train, please contact the tour operator, who will check whether and on what trains carriage is possible.|
|Rail&Fly tickets are not valid for journeys inside transport associations, i.e. using only local transport services. Example: if you live in Essen and wish to use a Rail&Fly ticket to reach Düsseldorf Airport, you are not permitted to use local public transport. Instead, you can use ICE and IC to travel to the airport.|
Further information on Rail & Fly is available via your airline or your tour operator. Please note that Rail & Fly cannot be purchased at Deutsche Bahn sales points.
- Travellers flying in from other countries
- People in favor of eco-friendly travel alternatives